Logan - Cincinnati, Ohio
Themes: family, morality

I Believe A Family Should Sit Down Together For Dinner.

I believe that every family should sit down together for dinner every night. I believe this because when you sit with your family you are more likely to have good morals. If you sit down with your family it gives everyone a chance to talk about their day. People who spend time with their parents and siblings are less likely to get into trouble outside of the house because your parents will talk to you about right and wrong and what they can expect from you. Family dinners could be the only time you get to sit and talk to your family with the parents working, and kids being in school. Kids who are not around their parents are more likely to get into trouble because their parents are not likely to know what is going on in their kid’s lives. Kids who sit down to dinner can discuss problems with their life and their parents can give input on how to solve this problem. If you are not around your parents often you could try and solve your problems the wrong way. I believe in sitting down to dinner with your family will you have a closer relationship with them because you’re devoting time to sit down and talk. If you can develop a good relationship with your family you can trust in them, and turn to them when you are in a bad position. Parents who spend time to eat with their kids show that they are interested in the kid’s life and want to be a part of it. This makes me feel good to know my parents are giving me attention to talk to them and giving me trust to tell them things. I believe kids who go through life without someone to turn to or trust in turn out to have bad morals because they never spent the time to learn good morals. If you don’t have someone to talk to you don’t have anything to believe in or get your belief out. This is why I believe a family should sit down together for dinner and take twenty minutes of their life to talk about their day and build a better relationship.