Eric - Cincinnati, Ohio

The Importance of Family

I believe in the power and help that family members bestow on me. They help me achieve goals in life that would otherwise be impossible. It’s amazing to me the power that they can give me. My family members provide support, guidance, and protection. They also are always there to push and challenge me when I need it or am lacking motivation. Without their love and support I would not be able to deal with the problems I am confronted with day to day.

Support is one major quality that I notice within my family. No matter what I undertake they are always there for me. There is never a doubt in my mind of whether or not they believe I can achieve something. Any endeavor I undertake I understand that they will always have my back and I will always have their full hearted support. This is an invaluable asset to have when I am trying to achieve anything.

My family is also invaluable in their ability to challenge and push me. They help me achieve heights that would otherwise be unattainable. One example would be doing well in school. It is unacceptable in my family to do anything less then my very best. They all want the very best for me and to see me achieve at the highest level. This helps me to push myself to earn excellent grades in school. I also have an older sister who did very well in school. She gives me something to strive for as I try to get the best grades possible in school.

Guidance is another quality that is never in short supply around here. If I have any doubts I don’t hesitate to ask anyone in my family. I know that they will always be straightforward and honest with any answer they have to my questions. I can count on their sincere desire to see me make good decisions and be successful in life.

Throughout my life I believe I have been largely successful. Until recently however, I don’t believe I realized the extent my family played in this, nor did I give them enough credit for my successes. Now that I do, as everyday passes I am thankful for my good fortune to have a healthy and complete family that cares for me. I can’t help but feel sad for children of divorced parents or broken families who may not get as much out of their families as I am able to. I also find the high rate of divorce in our society severely disturbing. Hopefully these trends will begin to decline, until then I can only pray that my family will stick together and I can be grateful for my blessings.