wesley - cincinnati, Ohio

“HOW SHORT LIFE IS”

You hear this everyday from everybody but it is so true “life is too short”, but some people don’t realize how short it actually is, one day here the next day gone. I have realized that this year. One reason is that I saw the WORLD TRADE CENTER movie and it hits you deep down. After that I realized anything could happen on any day so live like it was your last day. I used to be so self conscious; I would always worry about what people thought of me. I would worry about everything and sometimes I found my self being mad and often depressed. This year though with me being involved with so many things and meeting so many new people I have learned not to care about that. I live my life how I want to and do what I want so if other people have a problem with it they can deal with it. Life is too short to hold a grudge or to be mad all the time. Why miss out on the good things in life because someone said a mean comment about you. It’s silly to think that I was like that because for me I feel like I was letting myself down. This year I have made a decision that is a good one. When something goes wrong or someone makes you mad, just brush it off and continue on with your day. This will help make you a happy person and make people want to be around you. I will admit that there are those days that you just can’t get over things but you got to try and it’s ok to have a bad day here and there. With life being so short you should never waste time letting people know how important they are. So I will leave you with this, when you leave your house tell your family that you love them and give them a hug and kiss. You’re never too old for that. Also when you leave your friends tell them that they matter to you and that you care about them. The worst feeling in the world would be to wake up and regret not doing it. This choice I made was life changing and it showed me who I want to be, I hope it can do the same for you.