Jacob - cincinnati, Ohio
Themes: purpose

“Everything happens for reason

One of my core beliefs in life is that everything happens for a reason. No matter how bad something seems to be, it is happening for a reason. This belief helps me get through some of the toughest times in life. It has grown on me since the first time I heard it.

I can remember being young and hearing people tell me that “everything happens for a reason”. It didn’t make much sense back then, but as I grew up it started to make more sense and I started to believe it more and more. Everything in life does happen for a reason and some good come from any horrible or tragic event. An example of this is the September eleventh attacks on the World Trade Center. Many people would wonder how anything good could come from this. Many good things came from this tragic event. It was a sort of wake up call for the United States and it is now a safer stronger country. There have also been families that were once complete strangers that have supported each other through their losses and became much stronger and closer through their loss. All this happened for a reason.

I believe that every event that happens in my life everyday is happening for a reason. I believe that it is happening to lead me on the right path in my life and helping to make me a better person that I know I am supposed to be. I know that I have made some bad decisions in my life, but I belief I made these decisions to learn from them, and in the end to better myself. There have been some events in my life that I could find no good in at first such as the death of my dad, but in the end it has made me a much stronger person and helped me overcome other tough events.

The belief that everything happens for a reason can be applied to everything in life, not just to people. I believe that everything in nature and in the world happens for a reason. Things in nature such as forest fires that seem horrible are in the end good for the forest and renew and make the soil more fertile. Everything happens for a reason.

You may not agree with this belief, and that is fine you don’t have to. I just belief that everything in life has reason and everything happens for a reason. Everything, even the writing of this paper, happens for a reason.