Daniella - Lithia, Florida

I believe in peace and harmony. I think those two factors are the roots of love, not only with one’s self, but also with society in general. I believe each and every one of us can make a difference with the smallest act of kindness, like picking up a piece of trash from the floor. I can relate with these two words, because they have help me survive through difficult situations and I’ve realized that life is simple. We are the ones that most of the time cause our own problems and tend to make a big deal out of nothing. I’m not saying that life is a fairytale, but just like Thomas L. Holdcroft said, “Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up, all depends on us.” I try to base my life that way.

Throughout history there have been a lot of characters that have made a great impact on me; such as Gandhi, Teresa De Calcuta, Jane Adams, John Lennon, and many more. They too believed in peace and they fought for it, and even though some have been silenced with death, their foot steps are still being followed by many that shared the same beliefs.

Peace and harmony have various symbolic meanings, when you discover them you can find tolerance, tranquility, and respect. I think of those words as a teacher, since I have learned how to coexist with other people in a daily day bases thanks to them.

Peace to me is life. It represents nature and humanity. Though it doesn’t just reflect my family, it also reflects all the values my parents taught me. I appreciate harmony and I try to cherish every moment I get to experience it.

Peace is everywhere. Everyday I can find peace in the eyes of a child or in the smile of a friend and I believe there is peace and harmony present in the hearts of each and every one of us.

Peace is not a simple word; it represents everything: from every human, to every animal, and even every blade of grass… peace is a mood, it’s an emotion, it is happiness, and it’s with us at all time.

I believe that harmony and peace can change the world. Like I said before, they are the roots of love. If only one person can plant one seed, it will become the fruits of many. Those two words are a habit you must practice, so they can stay with you and once developed you will find love; love for all sort of things, such as nature and life…This I believe.