Kyra - Cincinnati, Ohio

Friendship Has a Broad Definition

Friendship. All I need is one word to describe it. How about one phrase? You can’t simply classify it as easy as that can you? The complexity of a relationship relies on many aspects. I believe friendship important. It a must: An absolute need. It branches in multiple directions of emotion and on the contrary, one of the things you need to stay sanely stable. Generally it means a relationship between two people with common interests that are like family, but it’s much more than that.

Friendship is a term used loosely. It may be a describing term for simple acquaintance to the strongest spiritual bond. The most difficult to define is a authentic friendship.

One of the key foundations of companionship is trust. Trust is the most difficult thing to build up, but the most easiest to distroy. According to the amount of time and enegy you spend with someone, it depends on what you get back. A long-lasting relationship must have this to be complete. A true friend is someone you can rely on to help you get through the battlegrounds of life and is not afraid to stand up and fight for you.

Genuine friends should also be bruitally honest. It also goes the other way; If it is your best friend and they mean it only with good intensions, you should be able to take that critism to help yourself learn. It is of a growth of two people, each benefiting each other, and the benefactor shouldn’t expect something in return. If you can distinguish the diffence of emotional change of your comrade, even if they put up a guse, you can tell you have obtained the true value of the invisible bond.

Without rambling on with more details, I must come to a conclusion that it all ties up with one thing: compassion. Even if you poke fun at your buddy, there is a line drawn where you must find the time to talk about personal delemas. A friend is someone that will listen to you no mattar how foolish the situation, and give you feedback, or even confort you and not leave until you can rest at ease. Forever is a long time, but you may need an alliance for as long as you live on earth.