Christopher - Cincinnati, Ohio

Music, my gasoline.

The only one thing I am always thinking about no matter what the circumstance is music. My body itches for rhythmic sound. When I am deprived of listening to a c.d. or my mp3 player, I resort to creating the music myself. Countless times a days am I told stop tapping or quit humming or just given that look from classmates in which it is implied. Ask anybody what’s on my mind and the answer will be unanimous, music.

Since I was born music has been and influence on my life. I was surrounded by it as long as I can remember. My grandfather used to play piano for the old silent movies, (you know the black and white ones with no talking and a goofy guy in a hat.) But that’s not the only musical background I have. My dad has played drums in about 17 or so bands and is currently playing on the worship team at our church. My brother played drums in the marching band all throughout high school and played drums in a couple bands and now just composes music by himself. My sister also played in the marching band but she played flute. But out of all my family my dad says that I’m the musician of the family.

I started playing piano when I was about 8 years old and excelled. From that point on it would build the foundation for the musician I am now. Later on in my life, oh, about two or three years ago I started playing drums and have become pretty good if I do say so myself. I also have become a composer of some sorts. I am in a band and write most of the music including guitars, bass, and drums. But my passion is playing piano and singing. All I can ever think about is melodies and chords that would sound good together. It pretty well consumes my life.

I sit behind my piano and come up with chords to play that move me and just kind of humsing if you will. Eventually words start forming and coming out and it becomes extraordinarily emotional for me. The music just grabs me and pulls me with it. And I have that feeling all day with me and sometimes even in the night.

Without music I really don’t know what my life would be. It would probably be me sitting around wasting my life away doing nothing but instead I have music to accompany me. I know that music is my future and I am going to pursue it until I ketch up to it make a career out of it. I feel that that’s what I need to do, and I will as long as I can help it. I’ve found my talent and I am going to use it to it’s full potential.