Sara - Cincinnati, Ohio

The Key to Success……

I believe in time management and prioritizing.

At the end of my freshman year of high school, I got my first job. At the time, my mother worked as a secretary at a real estate agency, and was able to get me a job as a secretary as well.

Not long after I started working there, the secretary they had working the front desk resigned, and a few weeks after that, so did my mother. The office was trying to find a replacement, and I seemed to be a logical choice. I began going into the office for a few days here and there in the summer, working only a handful of hours.

However, the more I came in, the more I learned. I was quickly trained in a variety of areas, and my hours started picking up. Everything was going well and I was really happy with how my life was going. Then school started.

I was thrown into my sophomore year, and quickly found that I had too much on my plate. I had a very heavy workload from school, and was often unprepared to go to work afterwards. There was too much going on at the time, and I wasn’t sure how to handle it.

So I took a deep breath, and learned to prioritize. I practiced the art of time management, and I have never looked back. Working 4 days a week can be stressful at times, but I know what has to get done. I go to work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school, and work one day on the weekend. I do my homework as soon as I get home, no exceptions. Everything gets done, and neither my schoolwork, nor my office work, suffers as a result. Learning to manage my time has truly made a difference in my life, whether it be in the office, or in the halls of my beloved school.

I strongly believe that you can accomplish anything you want to as long as you put your mind to it. All you need to do is manage your time correctly, and know your priorities.