Samuel - Cincinnati, Ohio
Themes: forgiveness

Never Hold a Grudge

In my short time that I have been alive I have learned many life lessons from my mom, dad and other relatives. The one thing I really believe in is not to have a grudge on anybody you meet. I just do not think that it is right to hold a grudge because everyone has a bad day. People always hold grudges on every little stupid thing even if it is not worth loosing a friend over.

I think that people should be like a dog sometimes because they love you no matter what. You can let a dog down but they will still love you the next day and maybe in a matter of hours. I know people that give up on a friendship in a matter of days when they have been friends for many years. To me I just think this is just a very ignorant way of handling one little fight you have with them. Again I think that us as humans could be just as forgiving as dogs are if we try.

Please do not get me wrong I have got in plenty of fights with my brothers, sister, and friends, but I have always forgiven them and them in return. Just last week my sister and I got in a fight when she went off on me because I was being a little sarcastic. Usually she would just laugh and not really think much of what I said, but she was having a really rough day and I was the person who just put her over the edge with that comment. We did not talk for a few days but eventually we forgave each other.

My sister broke off a friendship of four years with one of her friends because he was treating her like crud. He did not think he did anything wrong, but in reality he was. She told me that he threw his book bag at her and she took that to be a very rude gesture. I know him and what he does to his friends and to me he was just playing around with her. She in return left him in the parking lot after school to try to get back at him and it escalated even higher after that. I would not have left him there I would have talked to him and told him to stop doing stuff to me or you will have to find your own way to school. My sister is still holding a grudge against him because of this and I think she handle this in completely different way.

I have learned many different life lessons in my life and to me this is one of the most important life lessons and everyone should work this lesson in their own lives. You might think that I am crazy thinking that we can learn from a dog but it is true. We should never hold a grudge because it will make our lives and other people’s lives better.