Kyle - cincinnati, Ohio

Live to Potential

During my small time on this earth I have only discovered one belief in which I can rest upon and firmly believe. This belief, is that you should always do your best, never give up and to live life to the fullest. This belief has been pounded in my head ever since I was a young boy growing up. My father has always preached to me to never give up, and do everything to the best of my ability. If you do not do everything at the best of your ability, why do it? That is what drives me to always do my best and strive for excellence. Each and every single one of us has been given the opportunity of having one life. The key word there is that we only have one life. God only gives us one life, only one chance to do what we want and to achieve our dreams. You should never look back on life and regret any decision you’ve made, or feel that you haven’t done your best. If you give your best at all times, and then you will have no regrets.

My Godfather, Kurt Kuwatch, is truly an example of my belief. At the age 17 Kurt was over at a friend’s house swimming. Diving into the pool, he hit his head at the bottom and broke his neck. Arriving at the hospital he was diagnosed as being paralyzed from the waste down. He could no longer walk. His parents were devastated, but Kurt did not seem to be very upset. Everyone had doubts of him living a normal life, but he was focused and driven to live a be normal. If you have ever met him our talked to him he has no signs of regret or doubt. He has always been optimistic. Since the time of his injury he has stayed the same funny and focused person. He has not phased in any of his goals, and is still very hard on himself. Throughout his life his injury has never stopped him from living his life to the fullest. He now has a great job, a nice wife and 3 wonderful children who love him. He is a huge Ohio State fan and is able to drive his specially designed car to each game. Nothing has ever stopped him from living life and pursuing all of his dreams. Through his actions he has shown me to always pursue everything I want, and to do my best no matter what the circumstances.

Whenever I feel that life is too hard, or I feel somewhat lazy, I am reminded of Kurt. If he hasn’t thought that life has been too hard, then who I am to say that life is too hard on me? His example, and my own personal belief has driven me to strive for excellence, live life to the fullest and to never give up. To have no regrets, then you must give your all.