Ross - Cincinnati, Ohio

This I Believe…

I believe in seizing the day. I want to live life to its fullest. I feel it is important to live everyday like it’s your last. I try not to get bogged down by unimportant things, and put emphasis on the good things in life. I want to know that I couldn’t have lived life better.

Living life to the fullest and seizing the day are very influential ideas in my life. I strive to take every opportunity given to me. You never know what each day will bring. A couple of weeks ago, I had the chance to take a trip to Cedar Point with five of my friends. I had fun every moment of the day. Whether I was on a ride, in a haunted house, or waiting in line, I was smiling and enjoying the company of my friends, even if they were screaming their heads off.

I try not to get brought down by the small things. Although, in my case, this doesn’t always happen. Over the summer I swam for Oak Hills Swim Club, and I became so worked up over unimportant races, that I was given “the most nervous swimmer award”. In swimming, races come down to seconds. It’s the same with life, and you can’t waste any of them.

I believe that you must work hard for the good things in life. This applies to me in many ways. Working hard in school will allow me, in the long run, to get a good job and ultimately give me more opportunities. Swimming has taught me the rewards of hard work and dedication through self-discipline. I like to say that you must endure the rain to enjoy the rainbow.

I believe in seizing the day, living life to it’s fullest, living everyday like its your last and not getting bogged down by small things. These core values are very important to me. I hope by using them, I will live an excellent and joyful life. You only get one chance at life, so I try not to waste any of it. Remember, good things take time but, great things happen all at once.