katie - beavercreek, Ohio

I believe in doing what you want and not worrying about what others think about you. I work hard to get what I have and don’t treat people poorly to get where I am. I don’t worry about not being cool or fitting in, and don’t treat people like they are lesser then me everyone is equal in my eyes. Money clothes and social status don’t matter. What’s important is how you are as a person. If your mean to other people to become popular or to fit in with the crowd then maybe they aren’t your really friends, being different isn’t bad or wrong it makes you yourself and a unique person. Being someone that your not and doing things you don’t believe in is what’s wrong. It’s ok to stand up for what you believe in and do what you want. I don’t care what other people think. The only person you have to please is yourself. If you don’t feel like what you’re doing is right, then go with how you feel. It’s your life you can’t let other people influence you and live your life for you.

I only do what I want to do and I don’t do things just because other people want me to, or just because it would just make me fit in. What’s most important is being yourself and your own individual and having friends that will love you no matter what you choose to do.

Your true friends aren’t their to judge or persuade you into something you are not, they are their to support you in your own choices and true friends will be their for you even if your not doing what every one else is. I think that you should view people as people and not by what they do that is cool or popular.

Everyone you meet in life will be different and you should accept them for who they are and not change them. If everyone followed other peoples opinions then the world would be filled with people with the same jobs and thoughts and bias ’, know one would be unique. If every one was them selves; then you could meet so many amazing people, and learn so much from them. This I believe.