Kevin - Gig Harbor, Washington

This I believe… I believe in freedom of speech free of prejudice. I’ve heard prejudice that refers to Native Americans, sexist remarks about some of my friends, racism I don’t like to hear about it at all. Freedom of speech should have NONE of this and it should not hurt others who are really trying to just get along with everyone else. I hear all of these statements based on prejudice and on a surprisingly wide scale. Even I have my own prejudice. I just keep it to myself and my family so no one is offended.. Everyone should do that because prejudice may hurt people that are their friends and beyond that America itself. I’ve heard all of the forms/kinds of prejudice I mentioned. That is my main reason why freedom of speech should be free from prejudice. Prejudice just creates more prejudice on a wider and wider scale. It also creates hate and resentment on a wider and wider scale. Freedom of speech means to have the freedom to express yourself in your own voice on paper, vocally, and any other way that doesn’t cause pain or inflict fear. Freedom of speech can also mean the freedom to vote but I have heard there are restrictions – like Democrats can’t vote for a Republican in a primary even if the person is the one that is voicing their beliefs. Those restrictions shouldn’t apply. People can express themselves freely. Those restrictions just cause people to be pressured and people in pressure may act out of “Freedom of Vengeance” and so forth. I don’t want people to be pressured like that because the scary thing is that can happen and I can make an estimate based on what I hear in reality and that estimate is grim, cold indeed. I don’t want people to be possibly violent. I want a safe America and freedom of speech is one of the promised freedoms in our constitution. I believe as one individual to another, do the right thing. In some countries voicing your opinions can be dangerous, and people feel helpless. I don’t want America to be chaotic in that way, I want what has been promised. This I believe and I believe its worth expressing through freedom of speech without prejudice.