Leigh - Oak Park, California

Have you ever wondered what your life would have been like in if no one ever fought for their rights? Now think about this, what you would be able to accomplish in your life, how far could you go with no 1st amendment-no freedom of speech? Just like America’s forefathers I believe in fighting for what is right and fighting for your beliefs.

Today I think so many kids my age take for granted the opportunities they have with things such as education. To a certain point I think it isn’t how amazing our teachers could be or how much money America spends on each child’s education, but how much each child values their education. I’ve seen people, not just kids give up on things because of one minor problem or one hard time, just one. I think that if you want something bad enough you have to fight for it. Even if you don’t get the exact outcome you wanted or expected in the end, I guarantee you that you will gain from that experience.

I have watched my parents struggle over the years with trying to make a life for themselves here in America. My Dad came to this country from Israel sixteen and a half years ago in search of a better life for him and his children. It wasn’t easy at first; my parents have gone through a lot. They fought through every hard time, every sleepless night taking care of two young kids, every struggle to pay a bill, and even fighting just to hold down a job. After years of seeing my father working in anything from construction and being in the moving industry, to now launching his own small company, it amazes me how far he has come. There are still minor struggles here and there but for the most part he accomplished a lot. My brother has also just made a very big accomplishment. He went to college this year; in hopes of becoming a business major.

I’m not saying that everything that doesn’t go as planned should be fought over but if it’s important enough for you than you should fight for it. Everyone ought to have a chance to stand up for what they want. Almost anything is worth fighting for. This I believe.