Casey - Oakpark, California

I believe that driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol is very irresponsible. Most high school kids die from this horrible obsession. I myself have been in the car with a drunk driver; my family member has a drinking problem. Being an alcoholic is just a reason to be reckless in my opinion. So if you see your friends or someone you know, even someone you don’t particularly like don’t let them get behind the wheel of a car. They could kill themselves and other people.

Drugs are also irresponsible and they make you reckless. I also have a family member who has had a problem with them in the past. There are some drugs that can kill you the first time that you try them, such as heroine and cocaine. Last year a man that was high on drugs hit a boy at my school. His name was Dustin; the whole school knew him because he was such a fun person to be around. He was only 14; he never made it to prom. So if you think about doing drugs or alcohol I hope you think about my paper and how an innocent soul suffered for a man’s heartless addiction. Please don’t make the same mistake he did. This is what I believe in and have experienced first hand. I would not wish what I have seen on anyone in the world. Yes, it really is that bad, so don’t ruin your life or anyone else’s by doing drugs and alcohol.