Mike - Agoura Hills, California

Love of the Game

Have you ever met a child or teenager that has little or no respect for authority or elders? I believe that playing high school or youth football would build these traits. Football is a sport of respect, endurance, focus, and passion. I think that a kid that plays football can really benefit from being part of a team and having people count on you when they are in need, and a player counting on other people.

Football builds respect because you have to respect your fellow teammates and respect the coaching staff. If you do not respect your teammates then you and the people around you will not benefit by you being in the game. The coaching staff will hopefully build this unification for your team and help you understand that you have to respect your coaches and any other elder.

Passion is important in life because passion helps you get through hard times and helps you strive for something. Football builds passion because if you ask any football player they will say that they hate losing more than anything in the world. The reason for this is because you are laying your whole body on the line for just a game and when you don’t win that game it feels like a waste. I think that this is passion because you have that much emotion over a game so small.

Football keeps most kids out of trouble, far away from drugs, alcohol, and keeps their grades high. To play high school football, according to CIF, you need to maintain a 2.0 grade point average, which is higher than most football players would have if they could play with any grades. Football keeps kids away from drugs and alcohol because in order to play they have to take a drug and alcohol test before the season starts in order to play and also because you do not have time to do drugs or drink when the football season is going on.

Football is a great sport for kids of any age and teenagers to play. It builds so many great traits in a person and sets you off for life in a better direction. I think that football is just as affective as a boot camp or any other forms of punishment and it is fun for anybody to play. I believe in the love of the game, football.