Julian - Oak Park, California
Themes: change

Change can be a good thing

I believe that life is ever changing and that I like all humans can adapt to change. It was about a year ago and I was in Italy visiting my grandparents when one day my mom called the grandparents house as usual to check up on me. But this time my mother had some very traumatizing news. “I’m thinking about moving us to California for better job.” she said I was shocked and when the words “What do you think …”came rolling out her mouth I said I really don’t want move, mom.” Soon the conversation would end with “ Julian the company that wants to hire me is going to fly us to California when you get from Italy, so you can see and I can see if we like the area we might be living in.”

So change was going to hit me again, I thought to me self I should have known this was going to happen. Only a year earlier we had just moved from Pennsylvania. I changed schools, house and friends. But now it was going to happen again. In the beginning I was not to excited but my mother had already decided to move. So, when we arrived we both had to adapt to a new environment. School was kind of hard in the beginning the change from one district to the other was a heavy load but I got on track. Then there was the friends issue but that obstacle was overcome as well. I soon found happiness in the change that was brought upon me.

My friends and I would go to movies and do other teenage activities. Not only that but the west coast showed me the natural western beauty such as a string of nice weather and great mountainous and hilly regions which was a change from the cold and shifting seasons of my native east coast. The experience of change in my life has always been an exciting one. It would all begin when I was little and my mother and I moved from Italy to the U.S. and then from being in Baltimore Maryland to a small and heart warming town of Boothwyn, Pennsylvania, and finally Wilmington, Delaware and now Oak Park California.