Lisa - Independence, Missouri
Themes: sports

Sports Make You a Better Person and Lead You to a Better Life

I believe that sports make you, as a human being, a better person. Sports also help you to live a great life.

Sports make you a healthier person. They keep your body in shape to help you get through tough times. They also help your muscles to increase in size. I know sports are a hard thing to be in because I have experienced them myself. I have Type 1 Diabetes. I was diagnosed with this troublesome disease when I was nine years old. My life has definitely been affected by being on a sports team. Sports are harder for me than most ordinary people because sometimes my Diabetes gives me hard times breathing or can make me feel shaky inside. I have noticed that while I practice with my cross-country team, which is a running sport, that the running part has helped me strengthen my Cardiovascular system. It has also made my sugar levels stay at better readings than before when I was not in a sport. As you can see, being in a sport has made me a healthier person and it will make you healthier, too.

Another way that sports make you a better person and lead you to a better life is they porvide you with helpful insights,insights that any person should have or want in their life. Sports give you more self-confidence. Every since I have joined the cross-country team for the eighth grade at Bingham, I have felt that I could believe in myself more and trust myself for more things like being able to finish a race without walking. The second thing being in a sport provides for me is a more developed personality. I now am truly starting to see who I truly am. I am a person who loves to run and some day wants to become a doctor or nurse. The next thing that is provided by doing sports is stress relief. When you’re doing a sport all you will have mind set on is what is happening in the game. You will not want to be thinking about what bad things just happened at home or who you are going to get into a fight with a week from now. Finally, sprots give you increased social skills. I have met at least ten new friends since the first second I joined the cross-country team. These are popple I never would have met otherwise. I hope that I will stay in touch with these friends forever and ever, because they mean so much to me.

Sports help you have more friends and better friendships. Every person living on this planet would like to have more friends, whether they are willing to admity it or not. A way to get more friends is by joining a sports team. Joining a sports team gives you a chance to meet many new people you would never have a chance to meet any other way. I do not think I would have met over half of the people I have met this year if I would not have joined the cross-country team. It is hard to think about not ever meeting all of these wonderful people and not having all of these great friendships, just because I was too shy or scared to put myself on a sports team. I definitely would not have as happy a life as I do now.

Truly, being on a sports team is one of the best decisions you could make for yourself. Every human being should be involved in some type of sport, whether you are big or small, short or tall. Even if you are a person who is disabled, like having a hard-to-deal-with disease such as Diabetes and Cancer, you still should be in a sport. Also, if you are a person suffering by riding around in a wheelchair. Get involved in a sport because it will help you live a better life. Trust me, I am living a better life because of doing sports so you can, too.