Jonathan - Oak Park, California

Have you ever listened to a song that has motivated you in any way? I believe in the power of music and the effect it has on a person. Music is a big part of my life and I know when I listen to music it helps me to get away from the world and releases me from any stress I deal with at the moment. I believe that such a simple thing like music can change the world.

Music is a big part of my life and I personally think that without music life wouldn’t be possible. Music gets me through all of my ups and downs in life. I think that if you are having a bad day music can change all of that. I have personally used music as an escape to all of my problems. About a year ago I went through a hard time in my life. My grandpa was going through cancer and it was very hard to deal with when friends, school, and sports were in the way. I remember just sitting in class it would be impossible for me to concentrate when I was constantly thinking of my grandpa and if he would make it and be alright. This interfered with sports as well I couldn’t really ever give it my all. To deal with all of this stress I would go to my room with all of my doors shut and listen to my ipod. Just sitting there listening to my music gave me the feeling I had no more worries or problems. It also released me from the rest of the world. Sadly my grandpa died but I wouldn’t of have gotten through the sad lost without music helping me. I believe that the power of music is the strongest of all and can help you get through anything.

To this day I still listen to music everyday. Besides music being an escape from the world it is also a hobby of mine. Music can change the whole world. Anytime you are going through a hard time in your life just listening to music can change everything. It helped me get through with a big part of my life and it can do the same for you. This is why I believe in the power of music.