Ahmed - Beavercreek, Ohio

Most high school students my age are alike in one way. They dread school with emotion. But I am not one of those kids. I am living life and loving it. After all what’s the point of doing something if you dread it. What’s the point of putting effort and energy into something if you hate it? The answer is simple. There is no point. I believe in living life as if every second matters.

Life is too short and too precious to waste away. I find it necessary to live, love, and laugh. My three L’s as I call them. Every aspect of my life encompasses those three words.

Walking into school everyday I see people isolating themselves from everyone else and depression screams out from their faces. They look down on life when they should be looking up. Everyone has potential but its those who grasp it who truly achieve in this world.

It’s a blessing to be optimistic in a world of pessimism. I look at things differently from many of my friends. I remember when my neighbors dog died two years ago. I told him that things could be a lot worse. At least now he could get a new dog and re-live all the memories that he enjoyed before. Later that week, he bought a new puppy. I was really happy.

It was than that I believed in living life and loving it in the worst of situations. It was than that I believed in being joyous and free. It was than that I believed in laughing at life’s problems. Life can be hard and challenging, but its these obstacles that make life interesting for all of us. If everyone looked at life as a gift and cherished the fact that they are just alive than they would truly love every minute of their lives. This I believe.