Tyler - Oak Park, California

This I believe

“If you work really hard in high school you can go to college and get a good job”, my dad said to me and my brothers. I believe in a good college education. When my dad told me this I said to myself,” Does it really matter if I get a college education”?

Well, yes it matters that you get a college education. I now know that because my cousin went to college and now he has a full time job and a very good education. My brother is in his second year of college at ASU and he says that he feels he will get a good job and have a good life after he is done.

Even though your parents might have to pay a lot of money for your education, it will be worth it in the long run because you will get a good education. So now when I go to school I will always try my best because I know that I need to go to college to get a great education. Getting a great education will make everything in life easier. You will be able to get a better job in life. You will probably be able to start a family after you get a job.

I believe that it doesn’t really matter what college you go to because I think that all colleges are great and it would be great just to get into college. If you look at all the people in your life who are successful you will see that they went to college and ended up getting a terrific job. My dad went to USC, so when he tells me that I need to get a great college education I believe him because my dad became a very successful business man and I am very proud of him for that.

When my dad told me, “If you work really hard in high school you can go to college and get a good job”, I was only 12 years old and I didn’t think it really mattered, but it did because you need to start your work ethic when you are young. So now when I leave for school every morning I know that I need to try as hard I can so I can get into college and get a great education.