Alyssa - Oak Park, California

Problems In Life

“The greatest and most important problems in life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown,” was a quote said by Carl Jung. As I read this quote to myself I had instantly remembered an experience of mine that had happened about two years ago, although it had seemed like just yesterday.

As I walked to the black street I remember staring down at Nike, my puppy. She had gotten hit by a car, just being her loving and playful self chasing after a tennis ball that had been hit, which had rolled onto the street. As I had watched her laying there barely breathing and I remember that she had looked up at me helplessly. I had instantly begun to cry and as my tears had run down my face the thought of her dieing was so painful I could barely handle it. That night was one of the worst nights of my life because I had witnessed the death of Nike, my puppy, whom I had loved very much.

Hours, Days and Weeks had went by and I remember being the most devastated I had ever been in my whole entire twelve year life. It was a problem in my life which could not be solved or forgotten. When she died I thought that I would never be able to forget about it, and I was right. However, one thing I did learn was that the experience had made me a whole lot stronger as a person. I learned and took from her death the strength to outgrow any other problem that came my way.

Now that I am fourteen and have endured the pain of a death I can do anything. All the problems to come in my life will now come to me as much smaller problems in which I can outgrow.

In ones lifetime many problems will occur, whether they are a fight with a friend or a parent, a bad grade on a test or a death in the family, they will never be solved, but only outgrown, this I believe.