Sarah - Lafayette, Georgia
Themes: love

My name is Sarah and I am 26 years old and have been married for almost five years. I am so thankful for my husband and his love for me. In a world where marriage often does not seem to matter anymore, I would like to take this opportunity to say a few words about how wonderful it can be.

For many young couples starting out I hear that the first year is the worst, but that was not the case for us. Learning to work together and run a household founded on God and love can be a wonderful experience. It takes a lot of work and 110% from each of us but it is possible. We each have things we love to do and we have common interests as well. We want to spend as much time together as possible and support each other in every endeavor.

The second year we were married we faced some new challenges. I was having some problems within my reproductive system once we began trying to have children. In a time when some husbands would have wavered, Joel stood by my side stronger than ever. Since that time there have been many other obstacles that we have faced regarding these problems. During a time of increasing technology and research there are several options for having children now. However, I am convinced that if I am never give birth to a child that I have been given the greatest gift that God could give a woman. A wonderful, loving, compassionate man who is the kind of person I want to love and spend the rest of my life with.

For young women who are looking for a mate I encourage you to find a man who loves and respects you for the person you are and wants to grow along with you. Do not ever give up, you WILL find your “prince charming”.