Tyler - Beavercreek, Ohio

Is anyone themselves any more? Can you honestly say to someone, “Hi, my name is Tyler and today I woke up and ate a Twinkie chased with a Red Bull. It was amazing. Do you want to come dance in the rain with me?” It’s a great feeling when your originality shows. It’s like when you were a kid and you got a big balloon. Balloons are awesome. Most people today are too concerned with doing what is considered popular. If you wear two different colored socks with two different shoes and a black shirt and brown pants, does that make you unpopular? Everyone dresses the same, talks the same, and acts the same. I believe if someone can really let loose and not care about what society says is popular; “this is what you wear, how you should act and what music to listen to,” then they are truly being themselves. I mean just stand up. Get up out of your chair and do something no one has done before. Make a noise no one has made before or something else creative. Can you make a snow angel in the middle of the hall way? Of course you can, you just haven’t tried yet. If people don’t be themselves and keep their originality and creativity, you lose the best part in life; living. Did you know you can be a soccer ball if you summersault fast enough? Today is a new day. Today we all need to go outside, drive out into the country and just stop. Get out and scream at the top of your lungs. Lie on top of the roof of your car and look at the stars. Go ask a complete stranger, ‘if they would have this dance’. Make up the music as you go. But watch out for the creepy ones, they might be perverts or something. Not that you would dance with a creepy person, I’m just telling you watch out that would be…awkward. Don’t be afraid to try something new or say something that just pops in your head. Don’t keep it bottled up because you think people will think its weird because you can explode. I’ve seen it happen before. But that’s where we go wrong. We don’t say what’s on our minds. Even if your friends think you’re weird. Just remember what Cookie Monster said, “Sometimes me think, ‘what is friend for?’ Then me think, friend is what last cookie is for.” A true genius there. Think of how different our world would be if someone as influential and funny as Dane Cook or Jim Carey didn’t turn out the way they did. What if they just fell into societies generic standards? Crazy huh? We would have lost out ton two good comedians and original people. So, today step out of your normal line and try something new. Do something random or spontaneous. Basically, be yourself and don’t worry about what other people think. Because that’s what I believe.