Abad - Gahanna, Ohio
Themes: community

One World. One Currency. No borders. That is my dream. When we as humans reach that milestone, I do believe that we will be able to look beyond earth outwards towards the rest of the universe.

Think about it. We would have common legislations, common environmental policies, common human policies. Disasters & famines all occur within this one world. Each achievement, each disaster belongs not to one country or another but to the entire world & the entire world can react to it. The world food crisis would disappear, immigration problems would go away, people would be free to move to wherever economics & commerce took them.

Wars would disappear, for with whom would the world fight with? While police would exist & so would the home guard, armies as we know would disappear, for who would they fight against? The energy & currency used for building & equipping the world’s armies would be re-directed & re-channeled into more productive & diverse projects, like settling the rest of the solar system.

The European Union with its disparate countries & common currency is closer than anybody to that goal. But think about this. What kind of world would we would live in where a country did not have to fight with other countries , where trillions of dollars could be put to better use than fighting battles?

I do believe that only when we are able to move away from our internal squabbles, will we as an earth be able to reach out & touch the rest to universe. Only then we will be able to clearly look at traveling across the final frontiers of space & looking into settling on different planets. Only then can we as a civilization leap across this frontier & settle into new & amazing places, yet to come!!! This I believe!!!!!!