Robert - Newton, Iowa

Kids are Gods Gift

I believe kids are truly Gods gift to parents. I believe that kids were meant to give parents ever lasting joy no matter how many times they make you want to pull your hair out. I truly believe that no amount of money or materials possessions could ever make up for a child’s love they give a parent in return. From the moment your child is first born, the way they look up to you, the way they smile at you, the little things they say or do that just make you smile. The little kisses or hugs before bedtime, the times they come running in the house with a little boo-boo on their knee crying their eyes out looking for mommy or daddy to make it stop hurting in only the way they can. I believe that Dads are the only ones that can take their little boys to their first baseball game and catch that screaming foul ball in their bare hand no matter how bad it hurts. Or take them fishing for their first time, to teach them how to put a worm on a hook, or take that wiggling little fish off the hook. That dad is the only one young little boys can run too when they are starting puberty as going to mom would be far too embarrassing. I believe that mom is the only one that truly knows what having a child is like, and that NO man would ever want to try. I believe that mom is the one that little girls run to when they get their first boyfriend as dad surely wouldn’t approve of such, and mom is the only one that can take their little girl to the mall and buy her that perfect homecoming dress no matter how much it costs and no matter what dad says. I believe that mom is the ONLY one her little girl can run to when she starts her monthly cycles for the first time and doesn’t understand why or what it’s all about.

I believe that kids are given to their parents from God to test a parent’s patience. To make a parent laugh, cry, scream at the top of their lungs, and give grandma and grandpa someone to say “I told you so!” and for parents to say “I can’t wait until you have kids of your own.” I believe that no matter how many times you tell your child not to do something they’re going to do it anyways just to find out that hard way. I believe that kid’s innocence should never be taken away at that anyone that does so should be harshly reprimanded for it. I believe that little girls should have a big brother to protect them no matter what, so when another boy wants to try and scare them with a big worm or nasty snake her big brother will be there to take care of the bully, or when a boy asks her out to her first dance big brother is there to tell him, “If you ever even think of hurting my baby sister, you will have me to deal with!” I believe little girls should have a baby brother because who else are they going to play dollies with, or put make-up on? Who else will make a kool-aid stand with them, or pretend eating mud pies with them? I believe that boys need that big sister because who else is going to ridicule that new girlfriend that brother just got?

I believe parents are role models for their kids. I truly believe that kids look up to their parents for protection from the boogie man in the closet, or under then bed. I believe that a child will learn what he or she sees. If a child lives with criticism he/she will learn to criticize. If your child lives in a home filled with hate he/she will learn to hate. I believe if a child lives in a home filled with love a child will in return give ever lasting love. If a child is brought up in a home to believe in God, I believe that child will in return spend ever lasting life with him.

I believe that someday a child will spread his or her wings and move out of mom and dads house to find out what the real world is like. That your child will someday have a family of his/her own to protect, love, scold, punish, bring joy to, and bring tears to your eyes because they too will have kids of their own. This I TRULY BELIEVE!!