Jaspaul - sacramento, California

Coming from a different country is hard and getting used to the new atmosphere is also difficult as well. My parents came from India when they were very young and started to work and live in America to get a better job and education. My mother and father worked all the time and didn’t have enough time to get an education. As they worked and dealt with everything else they had to raise me. When I grew older and started to go to school I found out what my beliefs were. My belief was that I believe in power. My belief formed by looking back at my parents and seeing what they went through. This formed my own belief that I use each and everyday now.

In my life my beliefs have always been with me and have been put to many tests and have been changed as well. I started going to school ever since I was five years old. I began with kindergarten then I followed on to elementary school after that. As I went to school and as I grew older I realized that my belief was power. My belief was power because I would always believe that if I had power I can do anything and accomplish it as well. I didn’t do so well in school when I was young I would get bad grades and do poorly. One day I began to think and it came to me that everyone in life needs power in them to get something done. That one day finally came when I had to use the power to change myself around. I was doing badly in school and my parents told me to get good grades or I will be sent to India to go to school plus live with my grandparents. I had to think of something to do either stay at school all day and study or anything else that

Bains 2

would come to mind. The decision I made was to think of something I can believe in. I thought and thought till I finally came to a conclusion. I learned that in life everyone needs power to do something and that’s how people finish things in life. So I began going to school and each and everyday I would remind myself that I have all the power to study and get good grades. It is like how super heroes have all the power to save people when they are in need. For me it was, I had all the power in school to get good grades and to show my parents. My belief was power by using it and thinking of it I ended up staying in school and getting much better grades then I was before.

My belief has been the same for a long time ever since I went through school and I still have the same belief in power. My belief has been made fun of and laughed at by others but still it is what I believe in and what works for me. Many times my belief has been put to the test to see if it really works and it has. I believe in my belief strongly and think that it helps me each and everyday. I always look back at my belief to help me when I am in need or when I can’t accomplish something that needs to be done. I look back and see how my belief has helped me throughout my life and if it wasn’t for my belief I wouldn’t be here today. So I strongly have my own belief and I think that everyone else should have his or her own belief.