Nick - Oak Park, California

“The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.” In this phrase, the Chinese Proverb means that you don’t have to be a superhero or to have all the fame or money in the world to have a happy life. Unlike some people, I am not the best at football, but because I am willing to try hard and work at it, I have fun. In a game, I usually don’t play as much as some kids, because they have either already played before or they are just naturally gifted. On the other hand, when I played hockey a couple of years ago, before I started playing football, I was one of the older kids on my team. Being the oldest made it tough for the other kids because I was bigger than they were. It doesn’t matter if you’re the best as long as you have fun.

I know that when you are really good at something, it might make it easier for you because you have the advantage of knowledge or skill. But, there is nothing better than when you know you have worked your hardest and done your best.

My family is not the richest family in the world, but we live in a nice house, we have our health and our friends. We are able to enjoy life to the fullest. Even though it seems that people with a lot of money have a great life, they may not get to spend as much time together as a family, playing hockey or going to the park.

My mom and dad asked me if I would rather live in the nicest house in America and have everything I want or live in the house we live in and be able to spend time together. I would have to choose to live in the same house and spend tons of time with my family.

I’m just 14, my family and I don’t live in the biggest or most expensive house but we spend most of our time together. I go to Oak Park High School, I’m in 9th grade and I believe you don’t have to be a super hero or famous or even rich to live a happy, fun life. This I believe.