Jose - Glendale, California

I Believe in Reconciliation

I believe in Reconciliation… I believe in second chances. I believe that after the storm, peace comes. And reconciliation may save the world from decaying.

I’m 24 years old and for some people younger than me I am old enough to understand all of the issues around the world. Yet, I cannot still understand them all.

What I know is that man is supposed to love one another as it is imperative in almost every religion. Yet, we hate each other for practicing a different religion or being different from the others.

Religion is not the issue, communication and acceptance is. Unless we learn how to accept others no matter skin color, religion, sexual orientation, or any other difference, war among the human kind will not stop until there is no one else to fight with, if there is one left standing up.

The fathers of this great nation fought and die for freedom; freedom of speech, men equal among the society, freedom of choosing your individual preferences and so on. But it seems that they have died in vain since we fight any one that is free enough to be different from us.

But, I believe in reconciliation… I believe in second chance. I believe that one day men, who have been blinded by their egos or misconceptions, will take the black shadow off their eyes and will able to see the bright side of the world allowing them to reconcile with the others.

I believe that men are supposed to make mistakes, because mistakes are part of our endless process of learning and we learn through mistakes.

Hopefully one day we will learn to accept others and their unique way of being and give ourselves and others a second chance, a chance to reconciliation.

I believe in reconciliation.