Blake - North Hills, California

I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that behind every bad experience there is a good reason for it. Why we get into car accidents, lose our jobs, have our significant others cheat on us, or when we just simply have a bad day, it has a positive outcome.

A couple of months ago I felt like I was on top of the world. I had a great job, great group of friends, and I finally started going back to school after three years. Slowly those things started going away. I lost a big part of those friends, I lost my job, and I’m not doing as well as I thought I would in school. As this happened I started to think, “why me?” But once it came down to it I was hit rapidly and repeatedly with the reality stick. I realized that now having only one or two close friends makes me much happier because now I only have two people to try and keep happy. Only two people I’m constantly compromising with. I realized that there was no room to grow at the company I was working for. I was capped at a dead end job. Not doing so well in school has given me more motivation for me to push harder and work harder towards the goal I want to achieve.

A month ago a friend of mine bought a motorcycle. A day later his friend crashed it. Three weeks after that my friend bought another motorcycle, a couple minutes after paying for it, while taking it for a test ride, a car pulled out in front of him and this time he crashed. We don’t have hard evidence, but we know that if he gets on another bike, his injuries are going to be a lot worse than simple road rash.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that unexpected car repairs, getting bumped from a flight, or not being able to afford the house or car you want is a reason, a positive reason in disguise. A way to know that if your tire didn’t pop, and you weren’t forced to replace it, you wouldn’t have found out that your brake line is leaking. If you were set and ready to fly home, only to get bumped, and hear about that same airplane you were suppose to be on crashed and there were no survivors. Looking at houses that you can’t afford, then applying and receiving a job that you thought was out of reach and starting to make three times as much, are all experiences that have made me believe that everything happens for a reason, and this, I believe.