Zach - Denver, Colorado

I Believe

I believe that friendship is one of the most important things in my life. Friends can influence their other friends to do bad or even illegal things such as drugs and alcohol. Peer pressure seems to always work. One of the most famous lines, “everyone is doing it” and “You have to try this”. I stopped hanging out with the friends that said that to me as soon as I could. I am very glad I never got in to too much trouble from what I did in my past. If I was still hanging out with those bad friends I most likely wouldn’t be in school still.

I have the best friends I could ask for! They are why, I am, the person I have become and act the way I do. When I am with my best friends we are constantly doing exciting things, we hardly ever are sitting down just watching television. Every second we both have time to hang we do, even if this means that we need to drive from Denver to Bolder during rush hour. When we are together we do our favorite sport and activities such as skateboarding every weekend and always find time to work on our skate videos. We are very active and energetic when we are together and have almost everything in common. The first time I saw my soon to be best friends would be almost a decade ago when they were outside skating at Richie’s house. I looked at the driveway every time we drove by because I knew they were the cool big kids on the block and they could skateboard.

The first encounter with my best friend was when I got in an argument with him, it was show in-tell day and he brought binoculars to school. After we got off the bus to start walking home I was making smart alike comments about his binoculars and of course that didn’t go over well with him. As soon as I knew it he raced at me and grabbed my arm and started twisting me around and hurled me 5 feet into the snow that surrounded us. It took me a while to get over it and months later we were best friends. Just last year my closest friends went to collage and I don’t get to see them as often. I can’t wait for this snow season because we will be hanging out and it will be just like old times.

I fell like I am so grateful to have friends that care so much. We have grown up together and found out everything about each other. Most likely I will be going to the same collage and maybe moving in together when we can afford a house to live in. This is why I friendship is so important to me.