Katherine - Glendale, California
Themes: morality

I believe that premarital sex is wrong.

Having sex before marriage can change your life in many ways. For example, a woman who becomes pregnant will have a difficult time raising a child as a single parent. A single mother can also be a student who cannot pursue her dreams because she has to take care of her kid.

Premarital sex can also cause unwanted children in the world. Unwanted children are left in dumpsters, murdered, left on somebody’s doorsteps or become orphans. Most kids who are orphans have a very difficult childhood because they do not experience what other children would if they were part of a family. They would also not have the love other kids would have from their parents and no one would be in their lives to tell them what is right from wrong.

I was brought up to know that being involved with a certain someone in any intimate way is wrong. My parents have always made it clear to me that I must save myself for someone special in my life; the man who I will marry someday. Being a Christian and based on my religion I have understood that it is a very wrong thing to do.

Another reason I believe that premarital sex is wrong is because having unprotected sex can cause sexual transmitted diseases. There are many STDs but one of them is chlamydia. Chlamydia is caused by a bacteria called Chlamydia trachomatis. Gonorrhea is another sexual transmitted disease which is caused by a disease called Neisseria gonorrhoeae. If these types of STDs are left untreated they can cause one not to have babies and for guys it can make them infertile.

I believe premarital sex is as wrong as committing a crime. It not only puts you in danger but your partner as well.

This I believe.