christy - little rock, Arkansas

What do I believe in? I believe in God, I believe my grandmother is in heaven watching over me and sometimes I even believe my mother found me under a rock, but most importantly I believe in my family.

I use to be really rebellious and the outcast of the family. I would run away and push my family away as much as I could but no matter what I did they were always still there when I needed them. My nanny had seven kids and 28 grandchildren so I have a really big family and that’s just on my dads side.

My dad died when I was three and I was his only daughter so growing up my nanny kept me really close. She never got on to me when all the grandkids got in trouble I was always the innocent and good one. As I got older I got into a lot of trouble and my mom would send me to stay with my nanny. That was not punishment for me because she never asked questions and as long as I was not getting hurt she let me do what I wanted, she trusted me and looking back I see that I took advantage of her.

I realized how important family is three years ago. My nanny called me, she was in the hospital, I asked her if she was ok and she said no and she loved me, but I did not go see her because I was out doing other stupid things. When I finally decided to go see her she had passed away a couple of hours before I got there. That hit me really hard and really quick. I realized all the things I needed to say to her that I never did. Since than I have changed my life completly and I am very close to my whole family. I learned the hard way to never take your family for granted. I believe there is nothing more important the family.