Scott - Oak Park, California

Life Without Homework

Do you ever wish that you did not have to grade homework? I know that I don’t like to do homework assignments. I believe in not having homework. If we were not given any homework, teachers would have a lot more free time, students would not have to stay up late to finish their homework, and students would have a lot more time to participate in extra curricular activities.

If there was no homework then teachers would have a lot more free time. Instead of grading homework they could be making tests or designing lesson plans. By having so much free time their lives would be less stressful. With less stress it would be easier to teach. Teachers would also have more time to think about their lives out of school. This extra time could also be spent with their family or friends.

Next, if there was no homework students would not have to stay up extremely late to finish their homework. If students could go to bed at a reasonable time they would have more energy for class in the day. By having more energy students would pay more attention in class therefore doing better on tests. It they did better on tests they would ultimately do better in school allowing students to get into college and live a better life. It would also be easier to go to sleep because they would not be stressed about their homework.

Finally, by not having homework students would have more time to excel in extra curricular activities. Football players would no longer have to worry about their long practices, six times a week, cutting into their homework time because there would be no homework. Again reducing their stress level. Students would also be able to participate in clubs and spend time with friends and family. With no homework more time would be spent studying for more important things like tests.

Life without homework, wouldn’t it be great. Teachers would have more time to spend with friends and family, students would not have to stay up to ridiculous times to finish homework, and they would have more time to participate in extra curricular activities.