Daniel - Oologah, Oklahoma
Themes: love

I believe in virtues which make us better people; filial love, reverence for sacred things, courtesy, comradeship, fidelity, cleanliness, and patriotism .

Filial love is the love of parents, that love which they have given me since birth. They have made many sacrifices in their lives to make my life better in this diverse world and by giving them all I can back maybe I can repay that love. Reverence for sacred things is the respect that I believe should be given to all sacred things whether it be mine or someone else’s. Faith which holds many societies afloat, I respect and hold in veneration cause a belief so powerful as to hold humans together in organization and harmony should not be ridiculed by those who do not share the same conviction. Courtesy is the display of generosity when the situation has no call for it. Courtesy to everything which I come in contact with not only makes life more pleasant for others and myself but makes the world a better place to be. Comradeship is a feeling you share with those who you are close to. I am close to many people and some I do not even know but everyday the actions I do impact their lives no matter how big or small the actions are, so I may not know them but they are still my comrades. Fidelity is the loyalty to what you believe in. This loyalty is the trust which is put into many things and helps develop affairs among people but the fidelity of my own beliefs comes before others if the situation calls for it. Cleanliness is keeping the body and mind free from dissipation. If I keep myself free from dissipation then I can not only help those around me but give assistance to everyone who is in need. Patriotism is being devoted to one’s country. The devotion which I give to my country is not only that of it’s defense but to it‘s well being. I give to my country an allegiance but the world not only has my allegiance, it has my life.

I believe in this world of change and difference there can be no absolute answers to anything, because there is always a what if in everything. One thing that is considered right in a certain situation could be considered wrong if the situation is different. Also, controversy is caused by differences which other people will not look passed and if they considered not only why they are different but unique in their own way. I try to learn from everything that is put in front of me, giving me different perspectives of the world which I live in.

The actions which I take conduct me through life and I always ask the question what can I do for them that would help them through their decisions on the their expedition up the mountain of life. This and a lot more is what I believe.