Lesa - Oceanside, California

He Will Return

I believe that my husband will come home.

In a few months my wonderful husband will leave me, his son and daughter to go to Iraq. He will be somewhere in harms way, helping others.

I believe that tears make your eyes red.

I believe that I am afraid, proud and already counting the days until his return.

I believe that I will think of him every minute of every day and that I will not watch the news.

I believe in the Marines and that they will be there for each other. Most of all I believe in him! I have seen them, these men and women; their bond as Marines cannot easily be put into words it is an aura that surrounds them.

I believe that I will miss his smile most of all and that our children will miss his footsteps each night as he returns home.

I believe that I have just joined a group I had wished not to, a wife of the deployed.

I believe that those spouses that stay behind are amazing. Their strength, compassion, ability to cope, to cry, to love and to hope is without measure.

I believe that this sisterhood will support me through this and that I will be stronger because of them.

I believe in the stillness just prior to dawn when you can be alone with your thoughts and realize the opportunities of a new day. That the hugs of my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter are gifts of pure joy.

I believe that I will continue to cook my children dinner every night and make them eat their vegetables even though there will be an empty seat at the table.

I believe that we will look at the stars every night and say goodnight to daddy.

I believe that I will actually write my husband love letters, the good old fashioned way and that I am truly, unconditionally, out-of-my-mind in love even after 10 years of marriage, 2 children and 8 different homes in 4 different countries.

I believe that I am the luckiest women in the world because I have my family, my friends and that my wonderful, loving, funny and dedicated husband will come home.

This I believe!