Tiel - Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Difference isn’t a Similarity

I gotta belief, and that is making a difference in my life, and in the people’s lives around me. How do I make a difference? Good question. I find it kinda hard to be different, but this is what works for me. In three steps, it will be told that i believe in making a difference.

I gotta belief, and that is making a difference in my life, while standing outside of the crowd. I believe in Jesus, and that in itself makes me stand out from the mob. I stand alone sometimes, and I admit it is hard.

My morals have been tested many times throughout my teenage years, the ‘little things,’ I was trained to know when I was younger, (you know, like the “sex talk,” and the spontaneous lectures that make you think twice about certain situations such as drugs and alcohol) almost always make a good argument to people who have been taught different than myself. Temptations arise too! Like, in my high school, SPASH (oh, that stands for Stevens Point Area Senior High), there is stuff I didn’t even know existed until now. [Sometimes I think I’m the only virgin there!]

I gotta belief, and that is making a difference in my life, while standing up for myself, and my beliefs. Time after time I have stood for myself. When I am offered things such as alcohol from people I know, (or don’t know…) drugs, or even the disgusting things you don’t even wanna think about, I have said ‘no,’ and stood against it; Probably because it’s a guaranteed one-way ticket to screw up your life. I have stood through it all, and not many people… can do that. For Pete’s sake!

However, it is easier just to be the person people want you to be, which is why I’ve found that making a difference, or being one-of-a-kind, is the best way to go in life. Martin Luther King Jr. believed in making a difference… not only for himself, but for the people he represented. He had a dream and he made sure that he stood his ground no matter what. If Martin Luther King so can I.

I gotta belief, and that is making a difference, while being a good influence around others. I choose to be a great influence in front of others, and dressing appropriately, like not having my chest hanging out everywhere, or my rear falling out my pants. Why? Because I wanna show the accurate opinion of my own self reflection, and dressing moderately helps me prove that. As well as being a good influence in front of my younger siblings, so they will learn to be the same way or even better than I.

However, it is easier just to be the person people want you to be, which is why I’ve found that making a difference, or being one-of-a-kind, is the best way to go in my life. Be you, and make a difference, with everything you are on the inside and outside.