Sean - Plover, Wisconsin

I believe that kids should have the right to choose which parent they want to live with, even if there aren’t enough rooms in the household. I believe in this because I have divorced parents and I know that other kids in my position would like to go with the other parent. But yet they can’t because the law says no.

The law says that you have to have a bedroom for every child over the age of; I think its 10 or something. I think it’s really bad to keep children and teenagers living somewhere they don’t want to live. If a child is living somewhere they don’t want to be it affects their schooling and their whole life. I could understand if a kid is treated really well, but they just want a change. But for those kids who are constantly stressed out with one parent and can’t move in with the other parent, even if both parents agree; they still can’t, ONLY BECAUSE OF A STUPID LAW.

I think that it is really bad for a child to be in an environment that they don’t like, or in an environment that they are treated badly. I believe this because I am one of those kids who want to move out of one parent’s house and into the other parent’s house. Not because of the facts that I get punished or I have chores. It’s because I am constantly stressed out living with my dad. It’s just like what I read in a book, I love my dad, but then I hate him.

There are lots of reasons why I want to go to my mom’s. I want to go there because I’m constantly being punished for little things that any other parent would never punish their kids for. Another reason is that I feel like I come after my dad’s fiancé.

I’m not able to move in with my mom because she lives in a two bedroom apartment and my sister lives there already. That means I can’t legally live there. I don’t care if there isn’t a bedroom for me. I just want to get out of my situation right now.

I think it’s wrong. I know that what I believe will probably never happen. I wish it would though.