Sean - Beavercreek, Ohio

What I believe Essay

I believe in good hearted intentions towards people, I think that generosity is the

essence of the human soul. I believe that deep down people want to care for others but

their exteriors suggest otherwise. If people were to drop this rough exterior and learn to

have a more open mind towards others and their feelings, then we wouldn’t have half the

problems we would have these days. If people were to dig just a little deeper and find

that compassion that’s buried not to far down in the conscience, this world would have

amazing potential. All people would have to do is just scratch the surface to find that

wonderful kindness.

There are so many different ways to describe these feelings, compassion

generosity, kindness, but nothing can really describe the way you feel when you act these

feelings towards other, the since of accomplishment that you feel is are uncompressible.

Also the feeling that others get you have when people act kind towards you is a

wonderful experience. But the one thing I tend not to understand about the human race

would be why it’s so hard for some among us to show these emotions towards others.

I’m not saying that one would have to become a flower loving tree hippy, but if were to

change our outlook on life just a hair and treat people with dignity and respect as they so

deserve, people would become more understanding.

Personally I have not lived by these words I speak to my fullest extent, in fact I

haven’t shown much of these qualities myself these days and it is truly unfortunate, but it

is impossible for people to perfectly execute this, for humans are humans and are prone to

error. I know from personal experience that humans are capable of love and hate. That

doesn’t mean that we can’t try to be a better person. I know I’m going to try my hardest

to make a difference in someone else’s life by showing that what it means to be loved.

I’m sure everyone has heard the quote “Treat others as you wish to be treated”. Although

everyone is most likely sick of it, it truly is a quote to live by. As for me, I know this is

going to be my creed for the rest of my life, and this is what I believe in. Truth and

kindness.