Hope - Charlotte, North Carolina

What I Believe

The question of what I believe was more difficult for me to answer than I thought. In some respects it would be easier for me to tell you what I do not believe, and then allow you to assume that I believe the opposite. In most cases, however, beliefs are not usually in black and white, and it shows that I lack the Integrity to stand by what I believe. I realized that this bothered me because I believe in Integrity. I think that without it, there would be no trust in the world. I feel that someone’s Integrity defines their character, and it is one of the few things that can never be taken away from you. I believe that your conscious has a lot to do with Integrity. Having said that, I believe that our conscious is part of our human tendency to do Good. I do not believe that we always have the will to do Good, but I do believe that it is what all would strive for initially, if we do not feel the need to commit a wrong act in order to achieve a particular goal, or gain some thing that we previously did not have. In short, I will always look for the best in people unless they do something to otherwise change that.

I believe in God. Of all that I believe, this is probably the only one that I can not explain because there is no evidence of His existence. The only thing that I do believe connects us to God is Love. I believe that where there is Love, God is present and therefore, I believe in Love. I believe that Love is timeless and it is a human experience that is unique to all people. I believe that we all have the capacity to Love, and it is because of our capacity to Love that we are separate from other species. I also believe that our ability to think critically separates us from other species. I believe that Education and Intelligence are important part of being more aware of your surroundings. Education expands our Intelligence and allows us to be skeptical of any knowledge that is presented to us. It is important that we remain skeptics and never take anything at face value or else nothing new would ever be discovered. Likewise, it is important that we continue to learn and thrust for knowledge or else what we have already learned will cease to exist.

I believe in Destiny. I believe that the choices that someone makes shapes their Destiny, and determines where they end up in life. I do not look at Destiny as fatalistic and predetermined, however, after you make a choice, there is no turning back and what ever consequences occur, will occur, even if you try to prevent them. I believe that it may be in one’s Destiny to find their Soul Mate. I believe that Soul Mates exist, but not everyone will find theirs. I do not believe that your Soul Mate is necessarily going to be your lover; they are just people who compliment your spirit and challenge you to be better than what you are, or bring out the best characteristics of yourself.

I believe that the differences of our beliefs are what make us Individuals. That is what I most strongly believe in; Individuality. Individuality is what sets us apart from everyone else, and in so doing, makes everyone valuable. I do not know if I am the best at upholding my beliefs, but I strive to do so everyday.