Arshak - East Jordan, Michigan

I believe in bravery. From my experience, I know that if you really want to do something you have to try it. If you don’t do something, you’ll be sorry, but it will be too late.

When I was a kid, I was afraid of darkness. I was even afraid to sleep in darkness in my room, so my parents would turn on the light before I had to go to sleep. Every time that our family went to theme parks, my sister went to the haunted house but I was afraid to go there. I really wanted to go to that room, but I was afraid because it was dark. Once, when I was 5 I decided to enter there and to see what is in that room. I went near the entrance. I would not go to the haunted house alone it would be too much, I was with my dad. I was ready to go. When the man opened the door and it was our turn, I looked inside but when I saw the darkness of the room, I ran to my mom. I was really afraid of that room. After that day, I never went near the haunted house till I was fifteen years old.

I believe that if you really want to do something you just have to try. Because I was scared, I could not see what was in that room. But now that I am sixteen years old and I am not afraid of the darkness, I can go to haunted house when I want, but it’s not the same as it was ten years ago. I was with my dad, my mom and my sister. Now I don’t think any of them would go with me to the theme park because I can go there now by myself or with my friends. Now I realize what I lost ten years ago not going there with my sister or my parents. Every time that I enter a dark room, I remember that story and feel sorry about it. But I am also a little happy because it was a great experience for me and I won’t make mistakes like that in my life any more. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone learns from his own mistakes. I learned a lot of things from this story and I will remember this lesson for whole my life. Now, I think I am brave, because everyone says; it’s not easy to leave your family when you are fifteen years old, especially for one year. Now I am an exchange student and I am here in USA and my family is thousands of miles away, in Armenia. I believe in braveness and I think I tried to be brave trying to go there, no matter if I could not do it. I believe that you should try everything in your life, even if you are scared to do it.