Rachel - Rydal, Pennsylvania
Themes: question

What is the unknown? What does it mean? Well, I believe in the power of questioning the unknown. Everyday I sit and wonder about everything and question everything. My views are hard to put into words because they are my own thoughts, I always feel like I cannot express them onto paper or out of my mind. I believe the question of life is the one thing that propels every single person to become stronger and more intelligent. Every question asked in this universe has an answer, whether it is direct or not, everyone has an opinion.

Ever since I was very young I was always called, “the Question girl”. My family and everyone I met would call me that because all I do is ask questions until I understand the answer. As I grew older I still asked questions but I started understanding the place live in. Every night before bed, I would sit in bed and think about every possible unknown in this world. Why do I only see out of my eyes? Am I the only person on this planet who really has a feeling? Am I actually going to die? And when I do what will happen to me? These are the biggest unknown questions that go through my head.

Not only do these questions make me really anxious, they become a part of me for the following days until I eventually pass them by. The unknown to my life really scare me, they leave me unsettled at night time and they make me feel like I waste my time worrying about what is going to happen instead what is actually happening in that moment.

I don’t understand the meaning of time. Will time go on for forever? I learn about the history of past time, and I just don’t understand, when I die what is going to happen? My world is goingn to end. I view my world as a movie. I view my life out of a camera and when the camera turns off there is nothing else to see. Well, when I die or pass away is there going to be any more history, or will I every die one day?

Is there a point to achieve goals because one day it is all going to go to waste? I just don’t understand the value of life sometimes. It is constantly online and as you can see all it is is me asking questions over and over without a central meaning. It worries me sometimes how concerned I become with these questions because I really don’t know where it takes me. I just hope one day I realize how important life is and the more questions I ask the more worried I become. It will all unravel one day. I just have to take life one step at a time.