andrew - huntingdon valley, Pennsylvania
Themes: children

I believe that every child deserves an equal opportunity to make something of, themselves. I am also aware that children are almost predetermined to grow up a certain way, just by who they are born into, which is all luck on their part. Equal opportunity, is something which is almost like a utopia, but further from reality. It is unattainable, but easily thought of and about. We are able to talk about the idea, but never act upon it, because it is so hard to obtain. We are not able to chose who our parents are, and we cant choose how we are brought up and what type of financial status we will have. Sadly all of those things, affect a persons life and help guide them, and in some cases, it leads people down a poor path.

I believe that how a child is raised, will go with him forever. Breast feeding, nurturing, care, spankings, which ever things you prefer, those things will impact your child somewhat in the future. Although they will have an impact, they will not limit a child’s opportunities either. A persons opportunities are things such as job interviews, college interviews, marriage, and just the way which others see you. On the other hand where and what a child is born into, will affect him more significantly.

Children every day are being born into single parent, broken up homes, in the city and under intense stress. For opportunities to grow in this world, we need to limit these types of situations. They set kids up for failure. Although these things mentioned are the worst of almost all bad things that a child could be born into, we can always think of more, and that is a very sad thing. To think that before you leave your mothers womb, you have no idea whether you are going to get lucky or roll snake eyes on life. Sometimes the people who roll snake eyes, are the lucky ones, because they can move themselves out of that situation and they can make their life better, although it is a very tough task. On the other hand, the people who got “lucky,” could make their lives worse, because if they are already born at the top, they can only stay there, or go down.

I believe that people can’t understand what some people have to deal with. I believe that every day a child is born, who wishes he had different, better parents. Every day, there are kids running around, not realizing that one day they are going to have a lot of tough decisions ahead of them, all because they were born into poverty, and broken homes and morals. Children don’t know, they don’t realize that they can only change and reshape that predestined life of their, by starting at the beginning. Starting young and teaching and growing themselves, blocking everything out.

I believe that we need to either limit divorces, create penalties for adultery, or we need to train our youth to become better. That is the only way our civilization will progress forward.