Kristina - Dearborn Heights, Michigan

I Believe

As you grow up, leave the house, and start out on your own everything is picture perfect. You have an apartment with your best friend, you’re getting good grades in college, and you have a well paying job. On your way to work one day taking the same route at the same time doing the same speed limit you stop at a red light. The light turns green and you begin to accelerate through the intersection when out of the corner of your eye you see a big object coming towards you. About seventeen seconds later you’re facing the opposite way with your head against the steering wheel. The ambulance, police, and fire arrive and you’re rushed to the hospital with a broken nose and concussion. Your family is notified and come about forty five minutes later. Before you can be seen your insurance card needs to be given for billing. You then tell the doctor that you are uninsured and from then on, your care is limited. They fix you up a little and you’re on your way. Hopefully you’ll be okay. This type of situation occurs everyday. There are the people who are struggling to make it through and cannot afford insurance especially when they are first out on their own. Healthcare isn’t free and that’s a problem.

I believe that if you should be entitled to free healthcare if you are a child, working at least twenty hours a week, or going to school full time. I don’t think it’s necessary to apply to those who sit on the couch all day but for those who make a life of themselves deserve to be taken care of. Nowadays it is just too expensive for people to afford straight up.

To be able to pay the doctors etc. the money will come from people who pay traffic fines. People who endanger other lives as well as their own on the road, logically we should to use it to pay for the injuries. Good idea, yes I think so.

With free healthcare there will be a lot more healthy people in America . Not only will injuries be taken care of and looked after, preventative healthcare can also be practiced. This is where you see a doctor even when you’re not sick to insure everything is going well and keep you out of danger for illness in the future. For a healthier, happier America I believe healthcare should be free to those mentioned above.