Ian - West Palm Beach, Florida
Themes: death, family, legacy, love

I believe that no matter how much someone annoys you or how much you forget about about them, it will still hurt when they’re gone. My grandmotherdied over the summer and I hadn’t seen her in a while and she would annoy me sometimes. But it really hit hard when I heard she had died. I had to go to her funeral and cried with all my aunts and uncles. I missed the fun we had, her advice and just being around her.

Me and my grandmother had lots of fun. We used to watch gameshows and heckle the contestants. She always would tell me that she would wipe the floor with them if she ever got on a show. She never did, but I’m sure she would have won. We would play tennis at her apartment complex. She won most of the time, but would congratulate me on a job well done. After a while I kind of forgot about that.

My grandmother was a great advice giver. She would help fix my tennis game, golf game or really just any game. She also would always have something to get me out of a ditch. “Come on kiddo, when you mess up, you just take the money you already won and still leave a winner.” That would always annoy me, because as a teenager I hate elders giving advice, but I always appreciated it.

It was just fun to be around my grandmother. Something was always happening around her. She brightened up the whole room. She would always have

something to talk about and a witty comment to dispense. Everyone always smiled if the just in the general area.Not anymore I guess.

My grandmother was a great person. She brightened up are lives. My life is

worse off for losing her. That’s why I belive what I belive.