Anthony - West Palm Beach, Florida

Do you have someone important or special enough in your life, to inspire your way of living? My Grandpa has been that person and much more to me, along my journey through life. He has taught me to make the right decisions about obstacles that can stop you from being the most you can be. Do not take part in drugs or alcohol, get a good education, and be respectful and courteous to others.

Drugs and alcohol are one of the worst things to put in you body. They can ruin your brain, liver, and many more vital organs. The most dangerous aspects of these poisons is that they are addictive. Once you are hooked on any of them, it is a big burden to stop your awful habits especially smoking. Not only is it disgusting but it can even affect others around you such as your family or friends. The trick I was taught to stay clear of drugs and alcohol was to simply say no.

One of the biggest problems around nowadays is making sure you get into a decent college. Otherwise creating a supportive income is nearly impossible. Living in a small apartment, around a bad neighborhood, while working at McDonald’s, does not sound pleasing to me in anyway. I am constantly being pushed to maintain a good grade point average in my highschool years to be accepted into one of my choice colleges. This will give me a larger choice in finding a good job.

Respect is a wonderful quality for someone to posses. I have noticed my Grandpa always treats people with respect and courtesy. These characteristics are things that others will like about you and feel comfortable when socializing with you. Respect is also good to have when conversing with you superiors such as you boss. If he sees that you have the maturity level of what he is requiring for a promotion, the chances of you getting the promotion are almost guaranteed.

In conclusion, my Grandpa has had a major impact on influencing my believes. Three of the most important believes he has influenced are staying away from drugs and alcohol, get a good education, and most important be respectful and courteous to others. I can not Imagine who I would be, without my Grandpa.