Amy - Fowlerville, Michigan

There are certain beliefs that leave the mind stagnant and dulled. By this I mean people can get so wrapped up in their beliefs, that they no longer question the authority base of those beliefs. For the most part, these beliefs are forced upon the individual at a very young age. Other times an overwhelming experience is misunderstood, or the individual is misguided into believing the experience is because of a certain belief structure.

Once the mind starts believing something, it no longer questions. As soon as the mind stops questioning, that part of the mind stops functioning. A nonfunctioning mind is clinically dead. Like a coma patient being fed through a tube, the individual accepts anything fed to them by those who benefit from that belief. They no longer think for themselves.

The way the human brain operates is very unique. To hinder it seems like a terrible waste. Most people don’t even realize that their hands are being forced. The political, religious and educational authorities take it upon themselves to bring us order, rule, and regulations. They are constantly informing us, thus forming in us, their views of reality.

This becomes very tricky now, having said that, to draw a line between what to question and what not. Obviously we are not going to question that 1+2=3 or that the composition of water is H2O for these are linguistic interpretations of symbolic ideas, and are helpful tools of communication. Anything that breeds mental or spiritual deterioration or stagnancy is not good for a belief structure. Limitations have a strange way of slowing growth and development. If we aren’t growing, what are we doing? Standing still has a way of boring the psyche. The individual yearns for something more… subconsciously sensing that there is more than what has been consciously accepted. This creates a great schism inside the individual. Following that, there comes a lack of identity and purpose, leaving them feeling alienated from themselves and others. That is the breeding ground of deep, dark, fears and secrets.

Understand that not all people can just put down their guard, and situate them selves to a place of vulnerable open-mindedness. It is very chaotic and confusing. Being use to order has made them very comfortable and I would not ask anyone to ever leave their comfort zone. I suppose that I just want to throw the possibilities out there for each to grab and run with whichever way they choose. Besides, that’s what free will is all about, and that is why I believe in it.