Alexa - Plantation, Florida

“The Ultimate Success”

I know what it takes to be successful. Throughout my entire life, I have always tried my best at everything, especially school. I’ll do whatever it takes to achieve my goals.

Starting with pre-kindergarten, I’ve been constantly focused on doing my personal best. I have always loved school and loved learning. Not only do I want to do well in school, I want to do what it takes to achieve my dreams. Even though it can be stressful and overwhelming at times, I block out any distractions and look straight to the finish line.

I find it ridiculous when people complain if they don’t get a good grade on a test or if they don’t get into the college of their choice. If you know that you’ve tried your absolute best and given it your all, there isn’t anything to be upset about. As long as I try my best and work hard, I know my wishes and dreams will come true. For the majority of people, if they work towards a goal and don’t give up, they too will get to their own personal finish line.

During my entire school career, I’ve done my absolute best. Beginning in middle school, though, I realized that my grades were becoming even more important for my future. It was almost as if everyone was joining a huge competition. College was becoming the focus on many students’ lives, including mine.

It only got more intense from there. Yet, I realized I would still have to do what it takes to continue on my successful path. Even if it means staying up late at night, not having time to go out to dinner with my family, or even having to skip talking on the phone with my friends, I am still self-driven. My parents don’t force me to do these things. If I chose to, I could go to the movies every Friday, sleep-in on the weekend, or participate in an after school activity. The life style I’m choosing to live can’t accommodate these sorts of things.

One can only imagine that there must be a goal or a reason someone like me would decide to live this kind of lifestyle. Every homework assignment I complete, and every test I take is all towards one ultimate goal. My successful future lies in my going to college, hopefully the college of my choice. I always try to achieve my goals and take many steps to lead my life in a positive way. I believe that the definition of success is to try your best. Sometimes I step forward, and other times I take a couple steps back, but I know everything will turn out okay for me in the end so long as I try my best.