Aaron - Banner Elk, North Carolina

I believe I can rise above depression. It does not have to overtake my life. Doctors recognize it as a chemical deficiency in my brain, preventing the regular transfer of signals through the central nervous system. To me it is much simpler; I live my life in unvarying quality. I found myself dwelling on the pass, doing enough to get through life at the bare minimum in an unenthusiastic way. I realize the mind is a powerful organ of thought and feeling, creating individuality among us all. Though, to the best of my ability, I will not let my mind dwell on any possible misfortunes or shortcomings that may come my way. I chose to accept ill luck and misfortunes for what they are and I realize fully that I have much more then some who have learned to be content and cheerful under far poorer conditions. I think of the blessings and opportunities of the future. They are there to be had through effort, possibly from a lot of effort, but that is what makes life rewarding. I realize I have the ability to take the control of my life, and I choose life.