Ileejah - Riviera Beach, Florida

10/09/06

There is so much things out there that I personally believe in. There are so many things I was taught growing up in this world today, things that were taught to me to survive, and things that are just common sense. So many people, and things that I believe in, so many people and things that I look up too. There are so many life lessons to learn, one of those important life lessons that is close to me and that I try and live my life by is Treat People how you want to be treated!

This I believe: Treat people how you want to be treated

I believe that people should take a good look, and watch and see how they treat other people. No one wants to be talked about behind there backs, or laughed at when they turn there face, people don’t notice how much they snicker, and whisper, and some times peoples friends don’t even notice, but when I find myself doing something like that, or even getting close to doing something like that, I just try and think about this life lesson that I learned growing up. Treat people how you would want to be treated, that meaning if you don’t want to be treated nasty, or bad by someone, then you shouldn’t treat that person or friend or family member that. People are human, and all humans feel, some may not show what they feel, and some may, but still it doesn’t matter. Put your self in that person’s shoes after your finished talking about them, try and have a slight feeling about how that person feels after they’ve been put down by something you’ve said. I know looking back I can remember many time that I have put friends in a bad mood because of the things I’ve said behind there back. One time I was hanging out with some friends at the movies, and I noticed that my friends skin was really dry, she obviously had forgotten to put in lotion after she stepped out of the shower, and I whispered to the other boy we were with, and told him about what I had saw, and we both went to laughing, and carrying on, and then she realized what we were laughing about, and she got mad. I was so shocked at how mad she really got with me over use just laughing at her, but then after I set down and thought about what I did, and how she may have felt, I realized that if I was in her shoes and she had done the same thing to me, I would be mad too. And what probably made the situation even worse was that I was her friend, and friends are suppose to have your back no matter what, and they suppose to tell you when you look good, and when you looking a mess, and instead of filling her in on what was going on, I took it upon myself just to laugh at her, and talk behind her. It’s wrong, it really is, and I don’t think will actually understand it, until it actually happens to them!

School, work, and just life in general is way to complicated without having to deal with rumors that could be started about you just because someone took it upon them selves to say something negative about you. I don’t really think that lots of people understand what I’m trying to say until it actually happens to you, like it happened to me. I was sitting in the school cafeteria one day, and I looked across my table, and I saw two girls laughing at me. Right then and there I froze up, and I wanted to know what they were laughing about, I wanted to know if something was wrong with me, but then I realized that nothing was wrong with me, some people just talk about people just to talk, just cause they have a mouth to move. It took me a long time to realize that. And before I realized that it hurt me, it hurt me so bad to watch those girls going on and on about me, and I would have to say that was the day that I actually stuck to this important life lesson, cause I felt first hand how it feels to be on the end of somebody’s mean words, or mean looks. I believe that people should treat people how they wanted to be treated, I believe that people should wake up and take a good look at what they do, and what they say. This I do believe.